As it gets closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas, fresh cranberries will be available in abundance. There will be no excuse not to make your cranberry sauce from scratch. Canned cranberry sauce is a wonderful alternative, but it doesn’t have to be anyone’s first choice.
This recipe uses just four ingredients, two minutes of prep time, fifteen minutes to cook and hours of enjoyment for any family gathering. This recipe also brings an element of fun to the kitchen. As the mixture cooks, if you listen closely and when the cranberries are done, POP go the cranberries!
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 12 oz Bag of Fresh Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Zest from Orange
- Put all ingredients in a medium sauce pan, stir to combine well.
- Place pot on stove and set burner to medium heat.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and cook for fifteen minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally. As the sauce is cooking you can hear the cranberries popping.
- Remove from heat, place sauce in a heat proof container, cover, and allow to cool completely to room temperature.
- Place in refrigerator until chill or ready to serve.
Note: Fresh or bottled orange juice can be used for this recipe.
Elevate your cranberry sauce to the next level by making it from scratch! It's quick and easy! Recipe link in bio! #nocanshere #freshcranberries #orangejuice #orangezest #water #sugar #readyforthanksgiving #f52grams #chicoryco #blackgirlswhoblog #browngirlswhoblog #blavityfoodie #essenceeats #foodporn #foodblooger #foodgawker #foodphotography #canon #t5i #rebelchick #biscuitsandsavvy
© 2016 Biscuits & Savvy
We love hearing from you! Leave a comment and let us know what you think, or if you have any questions. Responses will be made as quickly as possible.
Craving more? Subscribe to Biscuits & Savvy and be the first to receive a fresh serving of content to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!