Because we are talking about Cookie Monster ice cream, it’s only fair that everything on this post is blue. This is a quick, cool and simple recipe for a sweet treat on a hot summer day. Fun to make with the kids too!
Making this ice cream quickly reminded me why I rarely wear white t-shirts. Not only was my entire shirt covered in blue specks, but my face was sticky, specifically my nose, my hands were sticky and the counters were sticky AND blue. TRIPLE WHAMMY! How all of that happened, I couldn’t even begin to tell you. But I will let you in on a little secret…IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!
The base of this recipe, heavy cream (whipped), vanilla and sweetened condensed milk, can be used to create an endless amount of possibilities when it comes to ice cream. So, keep that in mind if “Cookie Monster blue” ice cream is not your cup of cream. See what I did there? 🙂
Cookie Monster Ice Cream
Yields: 10-12 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 25 Oreos
- 20 Chips Ahoy
- Blue Food Coloring (1/2 tsp or more until desired color)
- Break up all cookies and set aside.
- Whip heavy cream with vanilla and food coloring until stiff peaks from.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and mix.
- Add more food coloring, if needed. Fold in 3/4 of the broken cookies.
- Spread mixture into a loaf pan.
- Position remaining cookies on top, cover and freeze at least 5 hours.
© 2016 Biscuits & Savvy